No Surprise There: Forbes Names Hov And B The Highest-Paid Celebrity Couple
It pays to be Beyonce and Jay-Z. Literally.
The power couple (and new parents) earned a combined total of $78 million from May 2011 to May 2012 making them Forbes Highest-Paid Celebrity Couple of 2012.
Though Beyonce put the brakes on her whirlwind schedule in 2011 to welcome into the world her daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, the mommy still raked in dough during her maternity leave. According to Forbes, Beyonce pulled in large sums from her old hits, and that’s on top of the money she’s made from her platinum-selling album 4.
Between May 1, 2011 and May 1, 2012, Forbes reports that Beyonce earned $40 million, thanks in part to her non-musical ventures, including a fragrance collection.
As for Jay-Z, he made millions as part of The Throne, which sold out arenas on a global tour. He stacked slightly less dough than his wife, with Jay earning $38 million between May 1, 2011 and May 1, 2012. Some of his money came from non-musical enterprises, including cosmetics company Carol’s Daughter and ad firm Translation, according to Forbes.
The highly-paid pair were the runners up last year, but they bumped 2011’s winners model Gisele Bundchen and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady to the number two spot this time. That couple brought in 72 million this year.
In third place, David and Victoria Beckham raked in 54 million dollars with his soccer earnings and her fashion empire.
The only unmarried couple on the list, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, took the fourth place spot with a combined total of 45 million dollars.
Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith wrapped up the top five, earning $40 million dollars last year.
Something tells us Bey and Jay will be number one on this list for many years to come.
What do you think of this list? Are you surprised Beyonce and Jay Z topped it?
Follow Alissa on Twitter @AlissaInPink
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of Juice
- So Serena Williams’ Victory C-Walk Is a Controversy Now?
- Evening Eye Candy: The Pretty, Hot and Tempting Men Of Track & Field In The 2012 Olympics
- MN Exclusive: Singer Leela James on Her Start in Music and Etta James
- Tatyana Ali, A.K.A. “Mona O’Neil” Goes In On VH1 Reality TV Producers
- Did You Know They Dated? Part II: 11 MORE Surprising Secret Lovers and Boos We Didn’t Know About
- 7 Black Celebrities Who Suprisingly Practice or Dabbled In Scientology