In one of the cutest twin moments ever, 20-year-old identical twin sisters Zaakira Mitchell and Shaakira White gave birth to children just one hour apart July 24—and one of the sisters even had twins of her own! According to WLTX.com:
Mitchell traveled from Rock Hill to accompany White to her doctor’s appointment at Palmetto Health Baptist. But she had no idea she and her sister would go into labor.
“Around three, 3:30 she came back and said ‘I’m 5 centimeters dilated.’ So Dr. Ferguson was telling her that she was going to be admited today, so that meant we were both going to have our babies on the same day,” said Mitchell. “We didn’t know, it wasn’t planned.”
About an hour later, Dr. Ferguson delivered Zaakira’s baby, Kadin Zaakai, and then Shaakira delivered twins, Landon Elijah and London Elise, by C-section. Zaakira was actually supposed to have her baby on July 26 while Shaakira’s C-section was scheduled for August 2. Mother nature obviously had other plans in mind for these twins, but they didn’t mind.
“That’s like my best friend,” Zaakira said. “So for us to share this, that was really special and it was really emotional.”
Dr. Ferguson agreed:
“The whole thing was very exciting. All of a sudden all this family who had been there for Zaakira were suddenly there for Shaakira as well,” he said.
At least this sisters will have each other to lean on as they figure out motherhood. Best of luck to the new twin mommies!
More on Madame Noire!
- The Benefits Of Having A Bestie With A Boyfriend: 7 Relationship Tips To Learn From Your BFF
- Oldies But Goodies! A Few Of Our Favorite Back In The Day Boos
- Let’s Say Chuuurch! 8 “Holier Than Thou” Celebs…
- If It’s Broke, Fix It: Why Some Friendships Are Worth Sticking Out
- The Bottom Chick: Is This You?
- Where Are They Now? 9 Blue-Eyed Soul Singers We Used To Jam To