Oprah Checks Twitter Follower Who Questions Her Loyalty To The Black Community
It’s no secret Oprah is considered to not have much interest in helping the African American community excel, building a media empire largely based on content that appeals to white suburban mothers. But when a Twitter follower tried to call her out on that yesterday evening, the queen of daytime talk was not having it. Here’s how the convo went:
@awalkdatalk didn’t back down after Oprah flipped the script on him. He charged back, saying “@Oprah but its millions of us n everybody isnt classified as african americans. Notice I said ghettos,” and then went on to send a slew of tweets about all he thinks the media mogul isn’t doing for the less fortunate.
All that money, create sum jobs rignt here home in America b4 u spread da wealth with others.
Still waiting for an answer not statements this isnt a campaign ad commercial.
Still not one person in America can name one hood, public housing, block, ghetto.
Its not just her its everybody “in position”
As the tweets show, Oprah had nothing else to say after she spoke on sending black men to college. I imagine @awalkdatalk, like a lot of black America, is still waiting on a response or action—and probably will be for a good while.
What do you think about this follower questioning Oprah and the response she gave?
More on Madame Noire!
- The Benefits Of Having A Bestie With A Boyfriend: 7 Relationship Tips To Learn From Your BFF
- Oldies But Goodies! A Few Of Our Favorite Back In The Day Boos
- Let’s Say Chuuurch! 8 “Holier Than Thou” Celebs…
- If It’s Broke, Fix It: Why Some Friendships Are Worth Sticking Out
- The Bottom Chick: Is This You?
- Where Are They Now? 9 Blue-Eyed Soul Singers We Used To Jam To