Sending Well Wishes: Robin Roberts To Take Medical Leave From “GMA”
At the end of next month Robin Roberts will reportedly be taking a medical leave from “Good Morning America” to receive a bone marrow transplant from her sister, the Associated Press is reporting.
Just last month, Roberts announced that she has Myelodysplastic syndrome, a blood and bone marrow disease, and yesterday she told reporters gathered for the Television Critics Association conference in Beverly Hills that she would most likely be taking a break from hosting “GMA” at the end of August or early September to undergo surgery.
“It’s fascinating-slash-scary how to prepare yourself for something like this,” she said. “I do go through moments of fatigue.”
“Good Morning America’s” lead over its competitor, the “Today” show revives her though.
“The run that we’ve had has truly energized me,” she said. “It’s pretty good medicine, I gotta say, to be taking!”
Roberts didn’t say how long she expected to be out, but knowing the survivor she is after her bout with breast cancer five years ago, we doubt it will be long. Hopefully all goes well!
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? 9 Blue-Eyed Soul Singers We Used To Jam To
- He Might Be a Creepin’ Fool, But He’s a Talented One: 5 Classic Songs Stevie J Is Behind…
- The Devil Is a Lie: 7 Types of Hypocritical “Church Folk” Who Know They Need to Quit
- How Ya Going? 9 of Our Favorite Celebs Of Trinidadian Descent (There’s Some Surprises!)
- An Open Letter to My Single Sistas: Being Single is Not a Curse, It’s A Gift
- UGH! 10 Things Men Do That Drive Women Nuts