Didn’t See This One Coming: Evelyn To Appear On OWN’s New Show “Fix My Life”
There are plenty of reality stars we can name who should “fix their life” and VH1 “Basketball Wives” castmember Evelyn Lozada Johnson (Ochocinco?) is definitely one of them.
Apparently, she agrees. The newlywed announced on her blog that she will be a guest on Iyanla Vanzant’s new show “Fix My Life”. The show will air on the OWN network and will show Evelyn practicing yoga in hopes of being more relaxed and centered.
As Vibe reports:
In what she calls her “ZEN moment with Iyanla,” Evelyn shared pics of a yoga workout with Vanzant during her appearance on the show, which is set to premiere this fall. If we have to take a guess, this workout has less to do with the reality star’s rockin’ body, and more to do with Mrs. Chad Johnson’s path to redemption after the negativity surrounding her most recent altercations on the VH1 series Basketball Wives.
Of course we have no reason to believe a little yoga will keep her from acting a plum fool on the next season of “Basketball Wives.” But that’s probably not Oprah’s true concern. In fact, as much as The Queen of Talk was about redemption on her show, she is clearly about ratings on her network and this move is just another example of that.
Evelyn expressed interest in adjusting her image a few months ago after a new petition began circulating asking VH1 to spare us from her spin-off show:
“I’m confident that I speak for many of us on the show that when it comes to creating a better balance for television, we are all working very hard to do just that. Many of us are getting help for our inner issues and striving to portray a more positive image overall.”
You really can’t get much more positive than Iyanla Vanzant, so maybe she is just the person to fix Evelyn’s life.
What do you think of Evelyn appearing on Oprah’s Network? Can Iyanla fix Evelyn’s image?
Follow Alissa on Twitter @AlissaInPink
More on Madame Noire!
- “You Can See How Black People Evolved From Apes” and Other Racially-Charged Comments That Left Me Speechless
- The Business Of Our Periods: Why Are Feminine Products So Darn Expensive?
- Listen Up Fellas! 7 Signs SHE’s Just Not That Into You
- No Way Out? Don’t Blame The Day26 Break Up On Diddy and The “Bad Boy Curse”
- Cute Kid Alert: Diddy’s Girls, Tiny & T.I.’s Kids Celebrate Her B-Day & More
- Single Black Male: Should Women Still Expect Men to Pay for Dates?
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Waiting to Exhale”