ABOUT THIS EPISODE
In this episode we’ll show you the easiest, most cost-effective way to give your kitchen a beautiful, fresh new look!
When it comes to entertaining the kitchen is undoubtedly the most popular area in your home. Not only is it an high traffic area in your home, but it’s the place where with the right look and feel can set the tone for memorable entertaining. With Home Depot Associate Yvette Williams’ help and expertise, you’ll see how simple and easy it is to transform your home’s walls from bland to grand with SimpleMat. See how easy upgrading a kitchen backsplash can be!
MATERIALS USED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Custom Building Products SimpleMat Tile Setting Mat / SKU #724284
- EPOCH Color Blends Selva-1601-S Gloss Strips Mosaic Glass 12 in. x 12 in. / Internet #203434356
- Daltile Circa Glass Khaki 2 In. x 2 In. Glass Tile / SKU #350977
- Custom Building Products #122 Linen 1 qt. Premixed Grout / SKU #515072
- QEP 4 In. x 9-1/2 In. Gum Rubber Grout Float / SKU #814725
- QEP 1/16 in. Tile Spacers / SKU #786446
- QEP 7-1/2 x 5-1/2 x 2 In. Extra-Large Grouting Sponge / SKU #461457
- Johnson 9 in. Magnetic Torpedo Level / SKU #817146
- Workforce 12 ft. Tape Measure / SKU #848539
- Clauss ExtremEdge Titanium 9 in. Shop Shear / SKU #909791
HERE’S HOW TO DO THIS PROJECT:
Measure the space in order to determine, the number of simple mat sheets to use.
Clean the surface so that the adhesive on the simple mat will stick better.
Use a level to make sure everything is even.
Place SimpleMat in position and mark cuts, if needed.
SimpleMat has an adhesive on both sides, make sure the rubber side goes on the outside.
Pay close attention when mounting the sheets next to each other, don’t leave any space between the sheets.
Use the groat float to push the panels into the sheets, in order to active them. Flatten any creases or air bubbles. When finished, take the top sheet off.
Use groat float to coat the tiles with groat or cement.
Clean the tiles. You have now finished your backsplash.
MEET THE CAST:
WANT MORE HOME SAVVY? WATCH THESE EPISODES
- The Savvy Search for a New Host
- Episode 1: Style Your Home With a Summer Window Box
- Episode 2: The Perfect Outdoor Grilling Party
- Episode 3: Dust It Off And Try Again? Tips for Updating Vintage Furniture
- Episode 4: It’s Handled! How to Create An Olivia Pope Inspired Ambience in Your Home!
- Episode 1: How to Install a Bathroom Vanity
- Episode 2: How to Install a Bathroom Faucet
- Episode 3: How to Save Money on Your Home Energy Bills
- Episode 4: Home Decor Tips
- Episode 5: How To Decorate For The Holidays
- Episode 6: How to Light Your Home For The Holidays