Proving She’d Be Gorgeous In Any Decade, Kerry Washington Gets Retro Glam For Vogue Italia
Scandal actress, Kerry Washington, is flawless in Vogue Italia.
Photographed by Mark Seliger, the actress is featured in a photo spread in the July issue of the magazine.
Kerry is wearing ’60s inspired fashions by Roberto Cavalli, walking around the house and posing by herself and with French poodles. Known for her classy, elegant taste and impeccable personal style, Kerry looks right at home in the shots.
Surprisingly though, she once told Aleim magazine “the haute couture side of things didn’t come naturally [and] she came to appreciate fashion as an art form and now embraces it as part of her chosen profession”. She definitely looks like a natural!
For Vogue Italia’s part, the magazine has been criticized for lacking consistency in how they portray people of color overall. Kerry Washington’s spread is certainly the best sort of portrayal although there is no reason to believe she was displayed for any other reason than that she is a phenomenal and beautiful actress.
Kerry told Essence: “I don’t want to ignore my Blackness. I just want to get to the point where my racial identity is simply a part of what makes me unique.”
A ’70s baby, Kerry’s look in the magazine harkens back to a unique time in fashion and makes us wonder why we ever stopped dressing and wearing our hair that way.
What do you think of Kerry Washington’s photo spread?
Follow Alissa on Twitter @AlissaInPink
More on Madame Noire!
- Reel Love: Our Favorite TV and Movie Couples
- NEVER STOP, NEVER GIVE UP: 7 Things You Should Never Stop Doing For A Woman
- WHAT ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS? Are These Celebs Still Besties?
- SIZZLING HOT: 10 Sundresses To Wear Now!
- You Know You Wrong For That! 6 Lies We Tell Our Girlfriends
- Rude or Real? Would You Mind A Woman Asking You Where You Got “Your Hair”?
- Where My Girls At? Sometimes Being Married Means Being Left Out