Essence Music Festival was truly a star-studded event but aside from the concerts and celebrity sightings there was a one booth at the convention center that was extremely popular among patrons. It was the “My Black is Beautiful” booth. We caught up with media maven and fashion expert Bevy Smith to explain why the booth attracted so many women and why the “My Black is Beautiful” movement is so important.
More on Madame Noire!
- Just a Thought, Maybe More People Would Try Online Dating If The Ads Weren’t So Corny
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: He Cheated When I Was 3 Wks Pregnant, Should I Forgive Him?
- Good Sex, Are You Having It? The Importance of Communication In The Bedroom
- MN Exclusive: Tempestt Bledsoe Talks New Show, Men who Make Less & Natural Hair
- So What If I Don’t Cook? This Is For Women Who Aren’t Obsessed With What Men Want In A Wife
- Relaxed & Real, Episode 1: From Daytime To Evening
- 8 Things We Want To Tell Our Potential Suitors: The First Date No No’s For Men