Nas isn’t holding anything back on this next album. We already heard him put his feelings about his daughter in song and video, we’ve seen the album cover with the wedding dress, and now he’s airing all the laundry about his relationship with his ex-wife Kelis in a new track titled, “Bye Baby.”
There are no cryptic lyrics here, from references to her “I hate you so much right now” song to the demise of their relationship while she was seven months pregnant, it is absolutely clear who this song is about. Nas exposes Kelis’ daddy issues, lies, cheating, friends running their mouths about their divorce and the settlement he had to pay, and he also talks about the son they have together. It’s deep. And for fans of the ’80s/’90s group Guy, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the “Goodbye Love” sample.
Listen to the track here, what do you think about it?
More on Madame Noire!
- I’m Every (Black) Woman: Do You Feel Pressure To Always Represent For The Sistas?
- An Open Letter To the Virtual Church Lady: Why Do You Talk So Much About Jesus On Facebook?
- Love All Over Her: Monica Talks Falling In Love With Shannon, Says She Let Him Lead
- You’re Not Idris: Why The Man You’re Not Immediately Attracted To Could Be Your Perfect Match
- Evening Eye Candy: Baller Tyson Chandler
- When Keeping It Real Goes Right & Wrong: Celebs Who We Like More And Less After Doing Reality TV
- Single Black Male: 7 Reasons Black Men Take Longer to Put a Ring On It