Rihanna may be a tough good girl gone bad chick when it comes to the stage, but one thing that’s always been evident is she has a soft spot for her grandmother,Clara Braithwaite, whom she affectionately called Dolly. Unfortunately, over the weekend Miss Dolly lost her long battle with cancer in a New York Hospital.
Rihanna had brought Dolly over to the states from Barbados some time ago and frequently posted Instagram pics of her visiting her sick grandmother in her NYC hospital room. The two were often captured in very intimate moments like the ones seen here and you could tell how much love Rih Rih had for the matriarch of her family. We’re sure she’s in a lot of pain right now but on Twitter she seemed to be taking the news in stride early Sunday morning, saying:
Goodbye #GrangranDolly get your beauty rest until I see you
Thy Will be Done!
It is well done!
Chris Brown also tweeted about Miss Dolly’s passing, saying:
“Praying for family and the lost loved one. She was like my grandmother. Love you GRAN GRAN! RIP”
Despite the sad news, Rihanna still mustered the strength to perform at Sweden’s Peace & Love music festival yesterday afternoon. Initially, attendees seemed disappointed with Rihanna because she showed up late and appeared shaky throughout the lackluster performance but since learning of Miss Dolly’s death, fans have sent her an outpouring of support online. We’re wishing peace and comfort for her family at this time.
More on Madame Noire!
- Keep It On The Down Low! Your Fave Celebs’ Secret Celeb Crush….
- Only Christian Men Need Apply: Why I Think It’s Important to Share Religious Beliefs
- Oh You’re a Freak, Huh? Good and Bad Ways to Surprise Him in Bed
- Hair Me Out! Mane Mishaps To Avoid At All Costs….
- Do You Remember When…?: 7 Shocking Moments From The BET Awards!
- Where Are They Now? Our Favorite Good and Bad Guys From “The Wire”
- Peaches & Green: The Business Ventures & Side Hustles of the Real Housewives of Atlanta