If you didn’t catch the BET Awards show last night, you truly missed out. That’s normally not the sentiment one feels after spending four hours watching the network, but yesterday BET showed that all of the viewers’ graveling over the past few years was well worth it because the folks behind the annual production definitely stepped their game up.
There were a few moments everybody anticipated before last night’s show like D’Angelo hitting the stage and an expected Whitney Houston tribute, but both were better than anyone imagined (although the bar was already set pretty low). Mr. Brown Sugar took us back to his “Untitled” Days, performing “How Does it Feel” and Mariah Carey hit the stage to introduce the Whitney Houston tribute and talk about their friendship, followed by performances from Monica, who took us straight to church, Brandy, Chaka Khan, and Cissy Houston, who amazingly belted out “Bridge Over Troubled Waters” in memory of her daughter.
BET got the Maze and Frankie Beverly tribute right too, with Joe, Tyrese, and Faith Evans singing a few tunes before the band hit the stage themselves. Kanye also opened up the show with his G.O.O.D Music, “Lamborghini Mercy” crew, Yolanda Adams and Amber Bullock tore up the Gospel Sundays segment, and Chris Brown only lip synched through half of his performance. All in all, this year’s festivities were a major improvement over previous years.
Check out all of the performances from the night right here. Which was your fav?
More on Madame Noire!
- Keep It On The Down Low! Your Fave Celebs’ Secret Celeb Crush….
- Only Christian Men Need Apply: Why I Think It’s Important to Share Religious Beliefs
- Oh You’re a Freak, Huh? Good and Bad Ways to Surprise Him in Bed
- Hair Me Out! Mane Mishaps To Avoid At All Costs….
- Do You Remember When…?: 7 Shocking Moments From The BET Awards!
- Where Are They Now? Our Favorite Good and Bad Guys From “The Wire”
- Peaches & Green: The Business Ventures & Side Hustles of the Real Housewives of Atlanta