Style to Steal or Girl, Stop: Regina King, Vivica A. Fox, Venus & Serena and More!
Solo made fashionable appearances a couple times this week, including popping up at the Museum of Modern Art for a PS1 gala benefit in NYC. She wore this black top (or jacket) with its ruffled sleeves and small pockets with a red skirt accented with beaded detailing on the pockets. On her feet were bowtie-adorned heels (with a short heel of course) and she grabbed this glittery bag to hit the streets. Can I say that her fro was looking mad luscious here!? And as for the outfit, I think she looks cute and composed with a pop of color both on her skirt but also on her lips. Steal it!
And last but not least, she wore a bright ensemble to the “See What Unfolds Live” event in Times Square yesterday. The jacket was this multicolored floral one that brightened up her black tank and shorts look underneath. To accessorize, she wore these translucent heels with a pink quilted clutch, and pushed her fro to the sky. While I think the fro was a little too vertical, even for her, I could totally groove with her ensemble. It’s colorful and flirty as well as very modern and chic. WORK IT. Steal.
In the end, I think Solange’s second outfit is my favorite, but what looks work for you? Let us know below and tell us who you think you would want to steal from and who needs to stop…like yesterday.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: I REFUSE to Do That in the Bedroom
- He Wrote That? Part II: More Surprising Songwriters Behind Some of Your Favorite Jams
- Strength, Great Skin and 5 Other Black Girl Privileges
- Looking For Trouble: The Day I Hurt Myself By Snooping on My Man…
- My Story: For Colored Girls Who’ve Considered Suicide When the Law Couldn’t Protect Them From Incest
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: What’s With All the Diva Dudes?
- Noire Naturals, Episode 1: The Natural Twist Out