While perusing the “Intanetz” and checking out some of my favorite blogs, the good sistas at Black Girl With Long Hair directed my attention to Obi Nwokedi. The London-based photographer who loves shooting weddings, fashion and more was feeling bored not too long ago, and after being inspired by a Barbie and Ken wedding shoot and the black Barbie photoshoot in Italian Vogue recently, he decided to give black Barbie some extra razzle dazzle by throwing her and her black Ken a traditional Nigerian wedding. Word is, the shoot is modeled after a Yoruba wedding. As someone who has been in a couple of traditional Nigerian weddings (Edo ones though), I was blown away by the work Nwokedi put into this awesome photoshoot, as he scraped every corner of the Internet looking for the pieces used in the photography. Amazing, much? Here are just a couple of my favorites by the photographer, but if you want to see the whole mind-blowing collection, head over to Photography by Obi and have a joyful overload on all the intricate costumes and the posing these dolls do. Love it!
More on Madame Noire!
- It Must Be the Money: 7 Swag-Based Celeb Crushes That We Don’t Understand
- Love Is To ‘Love & Hip-Hop’ What Real Wives Are To ‘Basketball Wives’: Ain’t None
- Single Black Male: Stop Giving Up the Cookies Ladies, Men WILL Wait for Sex
- Where Are They Now? Now Defunct “Making The Band” Groups: Da Band and Danity Kane
- Are You Dealing With a Real Man Or A Little Boy? 7 Signs You’ve Got a Grown A** Man
- Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow: Will I Lose My Femininity With My Hair Length?
- Is There Such A Thing As Natural Beauty? My Journey Away From Make-Up