Almost two months ago, “Basketball Wives” star Kenya Bell’s estranged husband Charlie was claiming that his soon-to-be ex-wife was recklessly spending his money to be spiteful. A lot of us were wondering why she still has access to his funds, but now he wants her to know what it feels like to have someone else spend your cash because he claims she’s making more money than he is and he needs some support.
According to Charlie, he’s not bringing in anywhere near as much money as he used to when he was in the NBA. Playing in an overseas league in Italy, he claims his annual salary is only $100,000 and he’s got just over a million in the bank. Kenya on the other hand, he says, makes $300,000 just for being on “Basketball Wives,” not to mention her iTunes music releases, although I doubt that brought in any substantial income. Still, his point is once this divorce is final, if ever, she ought to be the one paying him spousal support since she earns more.
Kenya’s obviously not hearing it. She says she doesn’t earn that much for being on the VH1 show and she still plans to go after whatever is in Charlie’s savings. This is the same woman who attacked him with a box cutter last year so I’m not surprised.
Do you think Kenya should pay Charlie spousal support now?
More on Madame Noire!
- Break-Ups To Make-Ups: Couples We Would’ve Like To See Give It Another Shot
- The Hair She Dared to Wear: The Coiffures of Patti Labelle
- Salt & Peplum: 10 Peplum Dresses That Need a Place in Your Closet
- Boy Pats Obama’s Head, Boy Makes History
- No Need To Call Tyrone: 7 Ways To Bow Out Of A Relationship Gracefully
- My Hair Story: I’m Going To Miss My Dominicanos
- Don’t Lie, You Were Jamming Too: 7 Singers & Groups We Used to Get Made Fun Of For Listening To