Jillian Michaels has been pretty vocal about not wanting to get pregnant because of what carrying a baby does to your body but that hasn’t stopped her from becoming a new mommy—times two. After a lengthy adoption process, the fitness guru has finally brought home 2-year-old Lukensia from Haiti and just a few weeks ago, her partner, Heidi Rhoades, gave birth to the couple’s son, Phoenix.
“We’re swimming in babies over here,” Jillian, 38, told PEOPLE in its latest issue.
When Jillian left “The Biggest Loser” around this time last year, she announced that she wanted to take a year off from television to focus on starting a family. At that time, she was already in the middle of the adoption process for Lukensia, who she wanted to make her daughter practically from the time she was born. Ironically, two years later, Jillian’s 31-year-old girlfriend delivered their son May 3, during the exact same week that they brought Lukensia home. Though it’s been overwhelming to go from having no children at all to a newborn and a toddler instantly, Jillian says she’s happy with things just as they are.
“I don’t even answer email. I don’t have time to care about anything else,” she notes. “I want to be really present and enjoy all the nuances of their growth and development. I don’t want to rush any of it.”
Check out behind-the-scenes video of the photo shoot here. What do you think of Jillian’s new family?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Dayummm…They Look Good For Their Age: Celebs Who Prove That Black Don’t Crack
- Let This Be A Lesson: Nas Says He Knew Marriage To Kelis Wouldn’t Work
- 7 Singers Turned Actors: Who Was a Natural On-Screen and Who Was a Hot Mess?
- Decoding Your Downstairs: 8 Things Women Need To Know About Their Va Jay Jay
- No Need To Call Tyrone: 7 Ways To Bow Out Of A Relationship Gracefully
- Madame On the Street: How Long Should You Wait to Have Sex?
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Jungle Fever”