So Sweet! Boris Kodjoe Writes a Surprise Poem For Nicole On Their 7-Year Anniversary
Boris Kodjoe may get a few side-eyes for his Twitter commentary but one thing we can’t argue with is that this man loves his wife, Nicole Ari Parker. Today, the gorgeous couple is celebrating their seventh anniversary and the man who brought two lovely children into the world with his former “Soul Food” co-star chose to commemorate the special day with a surprise, one-of-a-kind poem for his wife on Essence.com:
My Seven Year Itch
You’ve always been my itch, so many ways you’ve touched my body, mind and soul from the moment He designed our paths to cross, finally.
You’ve always been my itch, so good to me I’ve wanted you day after day, night after night, making me wonder how my body was able to be without you all this while, before our very first touch.
You’ve always been my itch, giving wings to my thoughts, encouraging them to unforeseen heights, where I would build our castle in the sky, fit for a king and his queen.
You’ve always been my itch, filling my spirit with comfort and peace like I hadn’t felt since a child in Oma’s garden, so familiar and yet so new.
You’ve always been my itch. My seven year, seven days a week, 24/7 itch I always want, desire, crave, and never ever want to be without.
Not for seven seconds.
Happy 7th anniversary
Let’s do this again
I love you more
A couple of months ago, Boris told Essence that men need to learn to be more present in their relationships and make a woman feel special at all times. He certainly is a man of his word. Love, love, love these two!
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Final Cut! Celebs We Haven’t Seen Since The Ax Came Down!
- Decoding Your Downstairs: 8 Things Women Need To Know About Their Va Jay Jay
- Got A What?! Yo, Gotta Get A Ruffneck! Cutie Pie Celebs Who’ve Been Around The Block
- How I Learned To Stop Giving Boyfriends Husband Privileges
- Who’s Going To Be The One To Tell Chelsea Her Jokes On Black Women Just Aren’t Funny?
- WOMAN to WOMAN: The Good in Goodbye
- LIP SERVICE: Lipsticks That Will Light Up Your Lips! – EDITOR PICKS