Why Is 50 Cent So Swexy…Yet Inconsistent… and Sometimes Lame?
In a spirited discussion at the Madame Noire offices this morning, the focus was on 50 Cent, who came to our attention because of a twitpic he posted of himself in a hospital room surrounded by stuffed animals. It reaked of attention-grabbing so it wasn’t the biggest turn-on to say the least but I still contend that he’s a very appealing man. A few other folks in the office argued that his corny, thirsty, publicity-driven moves ( like this one) negate his attractiveness.
I first noticed just how charismatic 50 was when I saw him on an episode of The View. The hosts of the show had the same reaction to him as well. To this day, they act like smitten fans everytime he walks on that stage. I wonder how they feel about his other personality -the one that cusses out ex-girlfriend Ciara on Twitter or makes crazy bets about posing nude if a football team loses or mocks the birth of Blue Ivy.
We know that 50 is a talented business man and is dedicated to philanthropic endeavors these days, but his antics on Twitter and in the media are in serious conflict with his other more attractive side. Word is that the rapper/actor is in the hospital for a stomach virus – nothing too serious – but even People is questioning whether he faked his hospital visit to plug his mixtape (which he tweeted about along with this pic).
What do you think of 50? Swexy or Lame?
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: Have You Gotten Over Your First Love?
- Wendy, Please Stop Speaking For All Black Women and Their Need To Be Natural
- Don’t Ignore the Crazy, Don’t Rationalize the Brokenness: A Cautionary Dating Tale
- Lil Kim On What Really Went Down With Faith, Her Face, and The Engagement No One Knew About
- MN Exclusive: Eric Benét Discusses New Album and Explains His Ode To “Redbone Girl”
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Girlfriends”
- How To Achieve Heatless Curls Around The House