It took a hot little minute for VH1 to finally narrow down the cast of its “Love and Hip-Hop” Atlanta spinoff but after rumor on top of rumor on top of rumor of who would and wouldn’t appear on the show, the official word is finally in.
Just by looking at the descriptions of the cast members, I can tell this is going to be the New York cast with a southern accent. Here’s the list:
Stevie J, a three-time Grammy Award-Winning producer who has worked with artists such as as Diddy, Jay-Z and Mariah Carey.
Stevie’s longtime girlfriend, Mimi Faust.
Joseline, a fiery up-and-coming Latina rapper (Somaya part 2?).
Lil Scrappy, his girlfriend Erica Dixon, and his mother, a former hustler known as “Momma Dee.” (Jim Jones, Chrissy, and Mama Jones)
Female rapper Rasheeda who is still searching for a big hit after years in the rap game, who is constantly at odds with her manager Kirk Frost – who also happens to be her husband. (Olivia and Rich Dollaz)
Artist K Michelle and Trinidadian R&B singer Karlie Redd. (Which one is Teairra Mari?)
Without knowing anything about Stevie an his girl Mimi, I’m going to assume they’re the Emily and Fab of the group because every other story line is cut from the same New York cloth. Maybe they’re more like Kimbella and Juelz though.
Just 10 episodes have been ordered for the season which is said to be “a tale of struggle, love, and temptation with a southern twist” as Atlanta is “the new frontier in entertainment” in the dirty south.
Episode one premieres on June 18 at 8 pm. Will you watch?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Wrap It Up: 7 Things In Entertainment We’re Tired As Hell of Seeing
- When The Real World Gets TOO Real: How Corporate America Almost Damaged My Self-Esteem
- Don’t Ignore the Crazy, Don’t Rationalize the Brokenness: A Cautionary Dating Tale
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Signing Papers & Dating Younger Men
- Real and Relaxed? My Journey In Relapsing Back to the Creamy Crack
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “The Color Purple”
- Girl, Stop Trippin’: 6 Things He Just Doesn’t Care About