Chanel: Damon…my bf and I are in love and I want to marry him one day. But he has recently said that we can have a ceremony and he will buy me a ring but will never sign a marriage license. He’s a great guy and treats me wonderful but should I just accept that and get what I can take? He is willing to sign all the needed paper work to leave me in charge of his medical needs and such but is determined to never sign a marriage license. Should I cut my losses and move on bc I believe in marriage or give in and settle bc he really is a good man to me?
DY: : Ask him why he refuses to sign a marriage license. If he says something like “I’m allergic to marriage licenses, and if I sign one, I’ll die on the spot. Also, California will fall into the Pacific” you can stay with him. If he says anything else, it’s probably time to move on. This is the type of issue — his weird refusal to do normal things, and his unwillingness to meet your basic needs — that will continue to haunt your relationship
More on Madame Noire!
- Once a Bully, Always a Bully? The Issue With Mitt Romney’s Past & Present
- Pull Out the VHS: Best Black Films of the ’90s PART II
- LOL: After One Date and One Rejection, Guy Says The “Average Chick” Was Lucky He Gave Her A Chance
- Lord Help Me, I’ve Got The Old Chick in The Club, Ready For a Family Itch
- Bad Hair Don’t Care: 5 Tips to Overcoming Your Bad Hair Day
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “The Color Purple”
- Cute Kid Alert: Candid Pics of Roc & Roe Cannon’s Birthday Party, And Tallulah Dash Turns Four