Kerry Washington Gets To Keep Her Plum Job: ABC Renews Scandal
Kerry Washington did her thing on the first season of ABC’s “Scandal” so much so that the series has already been renewed for a second season.
The official word has been set out now, along with news of other shows the network is picking up, but series creator Shonda Rhimes already spread the word early on twitter. She tweeted:
“Am super proud to say that @ScandalABC has been picked for a 2nd season!!! Am doing a little dance of joy.”
The drama set right in the heart of our nation’s political scene of DC premiered with 7.3 million viewers and has performed well for the network ever since. Based on the life of crisis management “fixer” Judy Smith, the series was a groundbreaking triumph for African American actors, as the show is the first network TV drama with a black female lead character since 1974. With viewership like this, it might have a run as long as Shonda’s other ABC baby, “Grey’s Anatomy.” Here’s to making that happen!
Have you been watching “Scandal” on Thursdays?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “New York Undercover”
- FLAT CHANCE!: Keep Your Feet Fly In These Flats – EDITOR PICKS
- Remember Adebisi From Oz? Did You Know He Was A Skinhead!
- True Life: He Proposed to Me!
- Made For T.V. Moms: Our Favorite Reality Show Mothers
- And This Is How You Shut Someone Down On-Air Without Being An Angry Black Woman
- Bonjou! 8 Famous Folks You Might Not Have Known Were Creole