Shameful: Stevie Wonder’s Imposter Nephew Cries Incest To Get Money Out of Him
This is the type of foolishness that will get you hurt. Police have arrested a man claiming to be Stevie Wonder’s nephew and charged him extortion after he threatened to go to tabloids and say he’s the product of an incestuous relationship between Stevie Wonder and his sister—unless, of course, he paid him money.
The cops trapped Alpha Lorenzo Walker in a sting operation May 2. The amateur criminal initially tried to muscle Stevie out of $5 million but was shut down and eventually reduced his price to $10,000. (Sign number two he’s a fool.) Undercover cops claiming to be Stevie’s reps met Walker with the cash but demanded that he first sign a document which included a statement that his accusations were false. As soon as he put his name on the dotted line he was arrested. Now Walker and his girlfriend, Tamara Eileen Diaz, who apparently was his accomplice, have both been charged with felony extortion. The scammer has pled not guilty and he’s currently in custody, being held on a $60,000 bail. His girlfriend’s bail is $95,000.
And just in case you needed confirmation, sources told TMZ the incest allegation is completely bogus. Poor Stevie. I’m glad this nightmare is over for him. Alpha, get comfy.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bonjou! 8 Famous Folks You Might Not Have Known Were Creole
- True Life: He Proposed to Me!
- I Had Such High Hopes: Hair Products That Looked Good But Didn’t Produce Results
- Looking For Trouble: 5 Signs You’re a Bully (And Could Use an A** Whoopin’)
- Battle Of The Bulge: 8 Celebs Who Have Yo-Yo’ed With Their Weight
- Corporate Curls: The Struggle To Wear My Natural Hair As a TV Reporter”
- The Kids Are All Right: Nick & Mariah Share New Pics of Roc & Roe