Thank God For British GQ – and Idris Elba
It’s been longer than we care to think about since we’ve seen Idris Elba out an about so we are more than happy to have photos from his latest spread in British GQ to share with you on this lovely Friday.
Cheryl Cole may cover the June 2012 issue of the men’s magazine but we are all about what’s inside, which is a feature on the hottest black man with a British accent we’ve seen in a long time. The purpose of the spread is to promote the actor’s new sci-fi horror action flick “Prometheus” but we have a feeling stock may rise in men’s suits considering how dapper Idris looks as he gives style tips on how to pick the right cut and color of a dress shirt and how to choose the best pocket square. Using Idris’ name as an acronym, GQ writes:
Idris has tailor made his own success.
Decorated with a Golden Globe for his lead
Role in the police drama Luther, he has since been
Inundated with offers from Hollywood. Here, the
Star of Ridley Scott’s Prometheus takes the lead for GQ.
We like. And we’re excited there will be more swexiness where this came from when “Prometheus” hits theaters June 8th. Enjoy!
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bonjou! 8 Famous Folks You Might Not Have Known Were Creole
- True Life: He Proposed to Me!
- I Had Such High Hopes: Hair Products That Looked Good But Didn’t Produce Results
- Looking For Trouble: 5 Signs You’re a Bully (And Could Use an A** Whoopin’)
- Battle Of The Bulge: 8 Celebs Who Have Yo-Yo’ed With Their Weight
- Corporate Curls: The Struggle To Wear My Natural Hair As a TV Reporter”
- The Kids Are All Right: Nick & Mariah Share New Pics of Roc & Roe