One more Georgia peach may be added to Team Talls on the “Real Housewives of Atlanta,” but not the one Cynthia was hoping for. This 5’10” addition is none other than actress, model, and former Miss USA Kenya Moore.
Taping for season five of the Bravo series has already begun and Straight from the A is reporting that Miss Moore is the lucky—or unlucky—lady to have snagged Sheree Whitfield’s vacant spot. Though Kenya doesn’t currently live in Atlanta she’s reportedly already been in the city for tapings and to purchase a new home in the southern state of Georgia.
When E! news reached out to Bravo about the rumor, they were told “nothing official yet” but the replacement seems highly likely, if for no other reason than the potential for drama. Kenya’s sheer presence is likely to cause a few side eyes from Cynthia and Nene as someone who has made traction in both of their worlds. Cynthia had a far more successful modeling career while Kenya was mostly a favorite of men’s mags; and as far as acting goes, she’s remained a staple of B-movies or had small parts in large films while Nene is carving out pretty significant acting work for herself, but we know how ladies like to get catty when they even get a whiff of competition.
I know at least one person I can bet will start something and that’s Marlo Hampton. I’m pretty sure she won’t take to kindly to the fact that she’s still a $75,000 Real Extra of Atlanta and not a housewife. Hopefully 41-year-old Kenya can handle that heat without throwing down.
What do you think about Kenya Moore joining the cast?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Hip to the Game: Red Flags We Overlook In Our 20′s And Look Out For In Our 30′s!
- Ashton Kutcher, “Brown Face,” And Why These Images Persist in Media
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Boyz N The Hood”
- Why Do We Feel The Need to Keep Explaining ‘Our’ Fatness?
- Did You Know They Were The Daddy? Surprising Celebrity Parents
- 20 Years Later, Where Are They Now? The Cast of “The Cosby Show”
- Who You Calling a Bit**? A How-To on Properly Addressing Women