MadameNoire Featured Video


If you’re at the end of your rope with an alcoholic husband, you’ve come to the right place. In this video, Author, Psychologist and YourTango Expert Dr. Jack Singer answers the question: My husband has a serious drinking problem and it seems to be deteriorating. Is there anything I can do about that, or should I just plan on leaving him?

“The first step is to see if he admits he has a difficult time with alcohol and he’s willing to get help,” says Dr. Jack. “If the answer is ‘no,’ if he’s denying it or finding excuses, you need to get out of the relationship.” After all, the likelihood of recovery for an alcoholic in denial is awfully slim. On the other hand, if he can admit he has a problem and is willing to work on it, your marriage may still be saved.

Want more advice? Check out the video at


Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN