Just when we thought the Winnie Mandela biopic was dead on arrival, it has been resurrected. According to Forbes Winnie will get a fall 2012 release.
A version of the film was screened at the Toronto Film Festival in September of last year, but received mixed reviews and considerable backlash. One reason being that Jennifer Hudson and Terrence Howard star as Winnie and Nelson Mandela, rather than South African actors, but also because Winnie Mandela was never consulted during the production of the film.
See how Jakes stepped in over at theGrio.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “What’s Love Got to Do With It”
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Family Matters”
- Can We Ever Get The Black Family Sitcom Back?
- Ratch on Ratch on Ratch: 6 Questions I Need Answered About Basketball Wives’
- The Mane Balancing Act: Exercising And Your Hair
- What’s Love Got To Do With It? Things You Really Need To Make A Relationship Work
- Post-Baby Fab: Fantasia Shows Off New Curves, New Hair & New Colorful Look