Gilbert Arenas Drops Lawsuit Against Ex/Fiancée Laura Govan – Sort Of
When Gilbert Arena’s then-ex, Laura Govan appeared on “Basketball Wives LA,” the NBA player filed a lawsuit claiming the show and Laura had no right to profit off of his image without his permission. Now that he and Laura have reunited and are even engaged, Gilbert wants to drop the suit on one condition—he can refile in the future if necessary.
According to TMZ, Gilbert has asked the court to dismiss his lawsuit but wants to keep the right to bring it back in case he feels exploited again. We’re not sure if that means “Basketball Wives LA” is returning, along with Laura, but it does sound like Gilbert doesn’t have too much faith in their relationship.
Shed Media, the company behind “Basketball Wives,” has requested that the court dismiss the case permanently but so far a judge has yet to rule on the motions. Ten years and four kids in, I’d like to think my baby daddy wouldn’t be holding a potential lawsuit over my head that he could slap on me every time I spoke out of turn but considering this couple’s on again-off again relationship he’s probably being smart looking out for himself and his rep.
What do you think about Gilbert’s motion? Is it wrong or smart?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- What’s Love Got To Do With It? Things You Really Need To Make A Relationship Work
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Family Matters”
- Pompadours and Ponytails: Which Celeb Wears It Best?
- Ratch on Ratch on Ratch: 6 Questions I Need Answered About Basketball Wives’
- Bad Never Looked So Good: Fine Fictional Characters That Scared Us For Real
- Friend to Foe: 7 Things That Can Turn Your Bestie Into Your Worst Enemy
- GIRLS GONE WILD! Ladies Who Can’t Keep Their Hands To Themselves