Black cinema hopefuls are starting to make a killing with original web series and you can add Allison McDonald’s new show “She Got problems” to your list of webisodes to look out for. The veteran TV writer and story editor created the online series to combat the mainstream mess we’re all tired of seeing and she definitely executed it well.
“Everything is grouped to death, with the unattainable goal of appealing to every being on the planet,” she said talking about the entertainment industry. “And the resulting product is bland indistinquishable matter.”
Her new web series is anything but. In the first episode we get an introduction Allison’s messed up personal life and her romantic ills all in a funny “Awkward Black Girl” for the 35 and up approach. As a bonus, Allison’s sister, singer/actress Audra McDonald also makes an appearance in this first show.
Allison says the series is six years in the making and she’s currently working to raise the money to create full-length versions of the episodes. I definitely hope that happens because I’m loving what I see so far.
Check out episode one here. Do you like?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bad Never Looked So Good: Fine Fictional Characters That Scared Us For Real
- Does Your Life Revolve Around Men?
- Transgender Woman On Trial For Second-Degree Murder After Homophobic Attack
- Beyond Boycotting: Star Jones Calling High-Profile Women To Take A Stand Against ‘BBW’
- Kimora Lee Simmons Launches New Skin Care Line
- Skincare Q&A: Photo Sensitivity, Combination Skin and Dark Circles
- Hit or Ms.: Do We Really Need to Have Respect for Adults?