Nasty Nas is back ya’ll! The Queens bred MC recently released a new track about and in honor of his daughter, Destiny. The song “Daughters,” is essentially about the perils of being a father to a growing girl. Being the true lyricist that he is, Nas paints a pretty clear picture that fathers, daughters and women who’ve observed a daddy-daughter relationship can all relate to. It’s quite nice. But not everybody felt that way. Carmen, Destiny’s mother wasn’t feeling it. She claimed that Nas didn’t portray their daughter in a truthful light. Of course she took to Twitter to express her frustrations.
Just heard “Daughters” by Nas. What a disappointment! He had nothing positive to say about our daughter and his depiction of her is false!
…perhaps her father should be talking to her and spending more time with her so he can really get to know her.
…Destiny will be 18 in 2 months. Over it!
When someone asked her what exactly she didn’t like about the song she was kind of vague.
Ques? do u really think Destiny appreciated that song? Seriously…..Destiny is still a child-it was the wrong platform.
…he’s not speaking on it-he’s rapping about it. There’s a huge difference and I don’t respect it.
Destiny is extremely talented, caring and has a huge heart, none of those things were mentioned. I’m proud of her.
Either way, don’t let her dissuade you from checking out the song. We’re feeling it.
So what do you think of the track? Does Carmen have a right to be offended?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bad Never Looked So Good: Fine Fictional Characters That Scared Us For Real
- Does Your Life Revolve Around Men?
- Transgender Woman On Trial For Second-Degree Murder After Homophobic Attack
- Beyond Boycotting: Star Jones Calling High-Profile Women To Take A Stand Against ‘BBW’
- Kimora Lee Simmons Launches New Skin Care Line
- Skincare Q&A: Photo Sensitivity, Combination Skin and Dark Circles
- Hit or Ms.: Do We Really Need to Have Respect for Adults?