True Life: I Have a Rivalry With My Siblings
Lish: Unhealthy for me with one of my sisters. Now when I think about it, it always was. 5 years difference between us and we have completely different personalities and different fathers. My mom and her were always closer due to many family dynamics – mostly because my mother’s marriage to my father wasn’t healthy so I believe I had to wear that. With my sister it was different with her father – so they were closer and left me out a lot when we were being raised. With that said I went out and got my own family base (friends) and was chastised for that – or told later in life that I didn’t include my sister. The thing was she was introverted and me not so much. And also spoiled. When someone is spoiled and coddled they expect everyone to do it even into adult hood. That is where the problem lies btwn my sister and I. She tries and makes me pay for us not being close when I’ve tried. I owe her nothing other than I am her older sister and I love her. But I am not jumping thru imaginary hoops because she has issues with me that I know nothing of.
Erica: yes i do and i get along with my brother. I just hate his wife.
Arieal: Only child for my mother but, Unhealthy in the fact that I have a brother out there that’s doesn’t know that my father is his. And another man raises him, he doesn’t know any thing about it. I have been told to just leave it alone..Very sad to me would love to have a bigg brother..If your out there James your sis would love to meet you and any kids you may have…
More on Madame Noire!
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: The Cheating Scale & Adult Videos
- Find a Solution to Your Suffering Sex Life
- Disappearing Acts: Why Men Suddenly Stop Calling
- Malinda Williams Is Not Feeling ‘Think Like A Man’
- Bruised But Not Broken: 10 Ways to Cure Heartbreak
- What’s The Big Deal About The Lack Of Black ‘Girls?’
- Skincare Q&A: Photo Sensitivity, Combination Skin and Dark Circles
- Haute Hair Accessory: Clip-Ins (Starting Under $100 Too!)