Gladys Knight Drops 60 Pounds Dancing With The Stars
“Dancing With The Stars” is turning into a funner version of “The Biggest Loser” with stars from Kirstie Alley and now Gladys Knight dropping mega pounds while on the show.
Gladys Knight was eliminated from DWTS earlier this week but the Motown singer walked away 60 pounds lighter, and she told PEOPLE she owes most of the weight loss to her dancing partner, Tristan MacManus.
“Tristan helped [by] wearing me out, she said, adding that Freshology’s Getslim with the Stars program was also a big part of her success. “You’ve got to eat healthy and you’ve got to put a little movement into it.”
“[I won’t forget] the family and friends I’ve made, the knowledge I’ve gained. “It wasn’t just about dancing, but getting to know different personalities and how they operate and carry themselves. There are so many life lessons here.”
The 67-year-old hasn’t done a big reveal of her new slim figure yet but when she does we bet she’ll look great—even if her husband jokingly doesn’t approve.
“My husband [William McDowell] was like, ‘I got the divorce papers ready, Gladys joked with Essence before the show began this season. You know I don’t like no skinny women.”
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: The Cheating Scale & Adult Videos
- Find a Solution to Your Suffering Sex Life
- Disappearing Acts: Why Men Suddenly Stop Calling
- Malinda Williams Is Not Feeling ‘Think Like A Man’
- Bruised But Not Broken: 10 Ways to Cure Heartbreak
- What’s The Big Deal About The Lack Of Black ‘Girls?’
- Skincare Q&A: Photo Sensitivity, Combination Skin and Dark Circles
- Haute Hair Accessory: Clip-Ins (Starting Under $100 Too!)