This woman has a work related situation she really needed some help with. She spoke with Black Voices’ Judy Smith. Check out her dilemma below:
Question: I worked at a department stores in Manhattan until my mom got cancer. Now that Mom is in remission, I am going back to work, but I have a problem. One of the Assistant Store Managers was really great about letting me ask questions, learn about what he does, helping me when I needed it, and even just joke around. He always treated me and my coworkers with respect. However, before I left, some of my coworkers, supervisors, and department managers mentioned a belief that I may be personally attracted to this ASM. While he is a nice guy, he is my manager and I try to keep things professional between us. I don’t know how to handle this, especially since I will be looking for a promotion in the near future, and I don’t want these rumors to hurt my chances at getting it. Would you please help?
See what Judy Smith had to say in response at Black Voices.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Beauty and the Braids: 7 Celebrities Who Make The Look Fierce
- Vain is Your Middle Name: Celebs Who Love Themselves as Much as Their Fans Do
- Do You Want What You Can’t Have? Why You Keep Chasing the Unavailable
- Tuesday Talk: Melanie Fiona On Her Mother, Man And One MF
- Tableside Racism: Waiters Admit Discriminating Against Black Patrons Because They Don’t Tip
- Ladies, What Do You Do With Your Farts?
- Why Don’t Black Women Want to Breastfeed?
- The 7 Reasons Men Lie, According To A Man Who Doesn’t (Maybe)