Malinda Williams Is Not Feeling ‘Think Like A Man’
So a lot of women haven’t felt Steve Harvey’s “Think Like a Man” meme ever since his book came out a few years ago, and the corresponding movie that was just released has reignited a lot of the negative feelings women have toward the idea. You can add Malinda Williams to the list of ladies who do not approve because she recently went on a mini Twitter rant that basically said, get that ish out of here.
“God gave me the gift of being able 2think like a woman. I’m gonna hold on 2that treasure. – but I will support my fellow thesps & filmmakers,” she tweeted before adding.
“If God wanted us to think like men, he would have formed us from Adam’s brain instead of his sensitive rib. – stay in your lane.”
Tell us how you really feel! Malinda also retweeted a message from someone else that said, ““Folks better not let these movies/books take ya out of God’s grace & get put out of ya man’s place.”
I don’t know if it’s that serious, but these ladies obviously support traditional male/female roles in relationships. Judging from her comments, I take it Malinda did not contribute to the $33 million the film took in this weekend.
What do you think about her thoughts on thinking like a man?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Beauty and the Braids: 7 Celebrities Who Make The Look Fierce
- Vain is Your Middle Name: Celebs Who Love Themselves as Much as Their Fans Do
- Do You Want What You Can’t Have? Why You Keep Chasing the Unavailable
- Tuesday Talk: Melanie Fiona On Her Mother, Man And One MF
- Tableside Racism: Waiters Admit Discriminating Against Black Patrons Because They Don’t Tip
- Ladies, What Do You Do With Your Farts?
- Why Don’t Black Women Want to Breastfeed?
- The 7 Reasons Men Lie, According To A Man Who Doesn’t (Maybe)