We already know Beyonce is a beautiful woman, but People magazine has distinguished her as the most beautiful woman in the world this year.
Every year, the magazine puts together a list of Hollywood’s most beautiful people and they say Beyonce comes in first place this year not because she’s a 16-time Grammy winner, an actress, and a style and beauty icon, but because of her new role playing mom to daughter Blue Ivy. Talking about how motherhood has affected her, Beyonce said:
“I feel more beautiful than I’ve ever felt because I’ve given birth. I have never felt so connected, never felt like I had such a sense of purpose on this earth.”
Everyone’s been trying to guess whether Blue Ivy is a mini-Jay or a mini-Bey since the public has only seen one set of pics of her from February, and Bey shut down any bets on who the 3-month-old most resembles.
“She looks like Blue. She’s her own person, ” she said gushing over the little one. “She’s just the cutest thing.”
Bey told the mag she often sings her own lullabies to Blue Ivy and professed to love changing diapers, but those aren’t the best things about being a mother, according to the singer who is getting ready to have her first post-pregnancy performance during Memorial Day Weekend.
“The best thing about having a daughter is having a true legacy,” she said. “The word ‘love’ means something completely different now.”
Beyonce’s full interview, along with the list of other celeb’s who made the list, including Paula Patton and Sophia Vergara, will hit newsstands in the next issue Friday.
What do you think about People‘s top choice?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Beauty and the Braids: 7 Celebrities Who Make The Look Fierce
- Vain is Your Middle Name: Celebs Who Love Themselves as Much as Their Fans Do
- Do You Want What You Can’t Have? Why You Keep Chasing the Unavailable
- Tuesday Talk: Melanie Fiona On Her Mother, Man And One MF
- Tableside Racism: Waiters Admit Discriminating Against Black Patrons Because They Don’t Tip
- Ladies, What Do You Do With Your Farts?
- Why Don’t Black Women Want to Breastfeed?
- The 7 Reasons Men Lie, According To A Man Who Doesn’t (Maybe)