Bittersweet: Mother Gives Birth to Twin Boys After Being Declared Brain Dead
Christine Bolden, a 26 year old woman from Michigan, was walking with her boyfriend and 3 year old son on March 6, when she suddenly felt a pain in her head. Shortly afterward, she collapsed. Doctors later said that she’d suffered from two brain aneurysms and was subsequently declared brain dead.
But Christine’s story is a bit different, you see she was 5 months pregnant with twins at the time of her aneurysms. And though she was brain dead, her body was still safe enough to house her twin boys, until recently. Her blood pressure began to rise and at just 25 weeks, they had to be delivered, via c-section.
Her grandmother told doctors not to numb her for the procedure, in the hopes that she might wake up once she felt the pain. But Christine didn’t wake up and after the twins were delivered, her family made the decision to remove her from life support.
The twins, Nicholas and Alexander both weigh under two pounds and are under six inches long.
Christine’s aunt, Danielle Bolden, told Michigan’s 24 Hour News 8 that “God, he could have [taken] her and the boys. But he left the boys. That’s a miracle.”
Right now the twins are too fragile to have visitors but their family members can’t wait to see them.
Vance Terrell, Christine’s brother told spoke to mlive.com saying, “I can’t wait to be able to touch them and pick them up and tell them all about their mother and give them so much love. They’re so precious.”
You can watch the video news story here.
More on Madame Noire!
- Dating Before Divorced! These Folks Just Couln’t Wait…
- Not So Famous Sisters of Famous Black Celebrities Part III
- LASH OUT! The 7 Best Mascaras For Lash Length – EDITOR PICKS
- Relationship Reflections: Things To Think About After The Breakup
- Oh No She Didn’t: Tyra Banks Fires Jay Manuel, Nigel Barker, and J.Alexander from ANTM
- Brooklyn Man Locked Up Nearly a Year for Rape Even Though Victim Recanted Story
- ‘Broke’: New Documentary Looks at How Pro Athletes (Foolishly) Lose All Their Money
- Is Church A Waste of Time?