Platinum-selling soul singer Maxwell will soon kick off his first shows since 2010, touring LA, Atlanta, and Newark over the summer.
The Grammy award-winning superstar, praised by critics for his sultry performances, has announced this will also mark the first time ever that he performs his four best-selling albums (Maxwell’s Urban Hang Suite, Embrya, Now, and BLACKsummer’snight) in their entirety.
Maxwell and his eleven piece band will be debuting tracks from all four albums that have never been performed live.
An artist widely recognized for having re-vamped the sub-genre of “neo-soul,” Maxwell received across-the-board rave reviews following his last tour in 2010, Maxwell & Jill Scott: The Tour.
For the complete story and tour dates, visit TheGrio.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Boomerang”
- Asymmetrical Hair Styles: 7 Celebs That Are A Cut Above The Rest
- Can You See Me? 6 Signs You May Be An Attention Seeker
- Will You Watch? Jim Jones and Chrissy Lampkin Snag VH1 Spinoff
- He’s Baaack: Larenz Tate Starring in New Film, ‘Gun Hill’
- Why There’s No Hope For The Real Housewives of Atlanta
- Too Soon? SNL Spoofs Trayvon Martin Coverage
- Nicki Minaj’s Family Says She Exaggerated Her Father’s Abuse