Just Like His Big Bro: Usher’s Little Brother Has Custody Drama
Usher is nowhere close to closing the case on his custody battle with his ex-wife Tameka Raymond, but now his name is being dragged into a situation between his little brother, James Lackey, and the mother of his child.
James and Martina, his child’s mother, have been going back and forth with allegations for months, but the biggest issue seems to be that James has claimed the $1,300 he has to pay in child support each month is beyond his means. Martina countered back saying that considering James is a music producer who has created hits for BOB, Lloyd, and most notably, his big brother, Usher, he can certainly afford the payments. In her fillings she stated:
“Given his opulent lifestyle, he has substantial income and assets available to him. He produces music with and for his brother Usher, he owns a recording studio, receives royalties, and owns a home and has several cars.”
Martina has also claimed that James was abusive, though it’s not clear whether she meant toward her or their child. He countered with a claim that she took their child and ran off to Michigan. The trial date for the case is set for next month which isn’t a moment too soon for these two. PSA for today: be careful who you procreate with.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Boomerang”
- Asymmetrical Hair Styles: 7 Celebs That Are A Cut Above The Rest
- Can You See Me? 6 Signs You May Be An Attention Seeker
- Will You Watch? Jim Jones and Chrissy Lampkin Snag VH1 Spinoff
- He’s Baaack: Larenz Tate Starring in New Film, ‘Gun Hill’
- Why There’s No Hope For The Real Housewives of Atlanta
- Too Soon? SNL Spoofs Trayvon Martin Coverage
- Nicki Minaj’s Family Says She Exaggerated Her Father’s Abuse