Writer Delves into Black Women’s Sexuality with New Digital Mag
We know black women aren’t the sexual prudes we’ve been made out to be, but there hasn’t been a place for us to read bold, informative information about sex and some of our intimate taboos in a non-sensational way—until now. Arielle Loren, a writer who’s written extensively on women and sexuality for The Grio, Jezebel, NPR, Ebony, The Root, AOL Black Voices, and many more outlets has launched a new digital magazine titled Corset, as the go-to-publication for all things sexuality. According to the magazine’s website, the writers and creators:
“Embrace human curiosity, honor sensuality, and celebrate sex through real-life stories submitted by an international community of writers and photographers. We believe that activism starts with conversation, and Corset is a catalyst for finding solutions to real issues related to sex, health, and human relationships. We’re currently on tour partnering with local communities and organizations to spark an international movement for better teachings and stronger activism related to sexuality.”
Having checked out the Spring issue, which is dedicated to orgasms, I can tell you this publication is not for the squeamish (just click the link to the magazine). The imagery alone forces you to think outside of your sexual comfort zone, not to mention the topics. What’s great about the magazine is that real experts from a variety of backgrounds weigh in on everything from tantra and “self-love” to ways to raise a sexually aware child and increase you and your partner’s mental and physical sexual pleasure.
Visit Corset’s website for more info and to check out their first two issues. What do you think about this magazine idea?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Hair Do’s and Don’ts According to the Fellas
- Intuition or Evidence: 6 Signs He Has A Chick On The Side
- Better Off Unwed: Couples Who Have Happily Kept A Ring Off Of It
- On To The Next! Women Who Found New Love In The Nick of Time…
- In Between The Sheets: Things All Women Are Insecure About In Bed
- WEEKEND WRAP-UP: Kevin Hart’s (Ex) Wife Not Acting Like A Lady + MORE!
- 6 Things You Can Stop Worrying About Doing For Your Man
- FLASHING LIGHTS! Couples Who Love To Flaunt Their Love