J.J. got a head start flexing her acting chops on “Good Times” as Penny Woods. A sneak peek at the acting playbook served her well since she helped carry “Poetic Justice,” held her own against Eddie Murphy in the Nutty Professor sequel, and led an all-star cast in Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married? and For Colored Girls. Despite what you think of her acting chops, Miss Jackson has always been ready for her close up.
Stephanie Guerilus is a journalist and author. She can be reached at @qsteph.
More on Madame Noire!
- Evening Eye Candy: Baller Andre Iguodala
- Am I Trippin’? Was I Too Stubborn, Or Was He Trying to Be Too Controlling? You Tell Me…
- ‘Think Like a Man’s’ Ban In France Proves It’s Hard To Be a N*gga In Paris
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Jungle Fever”
- Decoding Your Downstairs: 8 Things Women Need To Know About Their Va Jay Jay
- Shopping While Fat: It Must Get Better
- Final Cut! Celebs We Haven’t Seen Since The Ax Came Down!
- This Right Here’s a Panty Dropper: D’Angelo Looks Delicious in GQ