Despite the unenthusiastic reaction fans have had to the fifth season of “The Game,” Deadline.com reportedly heard BET has quietly renewed the show for a sixth season, right along with “Let’s Stay Together,” which is produced by Queen Latifah.
The pickups, though not quite official yet, are said to be for 22 episodes, backed by strong season openings. “The Game’s” current season debuted with 5.5 million viewers, while season two of “Let’s Stay Together” premiered with 3.5 million. The only scripted show hanging in the balance is “Reed Between the Lines.” BET is said to be debating renewal of the new series which averaged 2.9 million viewers and lagged behind the 3.3 million viewers who watched the network’s 2011 Hip Hop Awards.
Official announcements are supposed to come out tomorrow so a decision on “Reed” should be made soon, along with more details on Gabrielle Union’s show, “Becoming Mary Jane,” and BET’s newly announced show, “Young Man on Campus.”
I’m sort of surprised about “The Game.” I usually just have the show on as background noise if I even remember to tune in. Have you been following “The Game” this season?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Women Who Get/Got Too Into Their Men
- The New Dating Norms: 6 Big Changes In The Dating Game
- You’re Just Not That Into It: Signs That Your Job Isn’t For You
- Madames Who Acted Like Ladies, But Thought Like Men
- Kandi Says Beef With Marlo Almost Turned RHOA Reunion Into A Different Kind Of Show
- Growing Up Fast: Toya and Lil Wayne’s Daughter Reginae Gets Dolled Up For Photo Shoot
- RHOA Salaries Exposed: They’re All Making Bank!
- Cartoon Has a Message for Black Women