Last night, the ABC hit show “Dancing With the Stars” had it’s third elimination of season 14 and it didn’t work out so well for “The View” co-host Sherri Shepherd.
After she and her partner, Val Chmerkovskiy, landed in the bottom two spots with fellow competitors Roshon Fegan and Chelsie Hightower, Sherri said a tearful goodbye to the audience as the eliminated star for week 4.
“I just want to say thank you for letting me live a dream I’ve always had,” she told the hosts. “I had the most amazing partner, Val Chmerkovskiy. That thing that scares you the most … run towards it because it’s so amazing on the other side … I had the most amazing time.”
The judges said they were surprised to see Sherri and Val in the bottom spot. “All of us judges are in total shock,” head judge Len Goodman said “This is beyond … The standard is so high, anyone can be in jeopardy, anyone can be safe.”
Well it turns out Roshon and Chelsie are safe and will be returning to compete next week while Sherri will be sticking to her day job for now. At least she enjoyed it while it lasted.
Check out the video of her post-elimination interview here.
Did you follow Sherri on DWTS? Are you surprised she was cut so soon?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Women Who Get/Got Too Into Their Men
- The New Dating Norms: 6 Big Changes In The Dating Game
- You’re Just Not That Into It: Signs That Your Job Isn’t For You
- Madames Who Acted Like Ladies, But Thought Like Men
- Kandi Says Beef With Marlo Almost Turned RHOA Reunion Into A Different Kind Of Show
- Growing Up Fast: Toya and Lil Wayne’s Daughter Reginae Gets Dolled Up For Photo Shoot
- RHOA Salaries Exposed: They’re All Making Bank!
- Cartoon Has a Message for Black Women