Friends in High Places: Tyler Perry Buys Oprah and Gayle Matching Bentleys
Tyler Perry is a good man to know. I’ve always admired him for keeping the people who started out with him gainfully employed in his movies and television shows but even TP’s rich friends get all sorts of perks when you roll with him.
The NY Post reports that Gayle King recently told Vanity Fair magazine how last summer, Tyler Perry pulled up for a lunch in a “gorgeous Bentley” and when Oprah told him she admired it, “he sent her the same exact car.” But that’s not all, Gayle said:
“I called Tyler and told him how amazing that was because nobody ever does anything like that for her, on such a grand scale, and so, the next day when I got home, there was a Bentley in my driveway!”
All I want to know is how can I get in touch with Tyler Perry? If all I have to do is mention I like something to get a Bentley, sign me up.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Ways He Wants You To Be Better Than His Last Girlfriend
- The Simmons Family (Including Ex-Wife Valerie Vaughn) Pose For Ebony’s Mother’s Day Issue
- “Ask A Black Man” Episode 2: The Dating Episode
- Sheree’s $750K Salary Demand Likely Got Her Cut
- Stripper Vanity Wonder Writes Book On Undercover Butt Shots Culture
- Columnist Fired For Article On What White Parents Should Tell Kids About Blacks
- Am I Raising a Spoiled Brat?
- Beyonce, Jay-Z & Blue Ivy Head to St. Barts