Remember when Aretha Franklin said she wanted Halle Berry to play her in a biopic? Well now another well-known star is looking for Ms. Berry to bring her story to life, but this time the idea is a little more realistic.
Pam Grier’s best-selling autobiography, “Foxy: My Life In Three Acts,” has been optioned for a big screen debut by Imprint Entertainment and Ms. Grier has reportedly said she’d like to see Halle Berry play her on screen if the project gets the go-ahead. Pam Grier’s blaxploitation character Foxy Brown has been an undying sex symbol for men of all races since the ’70s so it makes sense to tell the story of the woman behind the character on film. According to Shadow and Act, TV producer/screenwriter Eunetta Boone has been hired to adapt the book into a screenplay, and Michael Becker of Imprint Entertainment says:
“’Foxy’ succeeds at a stark impression of Grier’s courage and inner strength without the use of rose-colored glasses. Imprint Entertainment looks forward to bringing this triumphant story to life.”
I can see Halle Berry doing the part justice—if she would even agree to play the role—but somehow I foresee Beyonce’s name getting thrown into the mix before all is said and done considering that stint as Foxy Cleopatra in the Austin Powers movie “Goldmember.”
Do you think Halle is a good choice to play Pam Grier or do you have another actress in mind for the part?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Nip & Tuck: Women Who Slipped Their Plastic Surgery By Us
- There Goes the Neighborhood: 8 Ratchet Things You See When The Temperature Rises
- Convenience or True Love: Which Is Your Relationship Made Of?
- MAD MEN: Male Celebrities Who Always Look So Mean!
- Real Love: Weird Signs Of A Good Relationship
- You Can’t Handle The Truth! Things Men Lie About To Spare Our Feelings
- 7 Ways to Encourage Yourself
- Watch Your Mouth! Things You Should Never Say To Your Man