Mary J. Responds to BK Commercial Criticism
Just about everybody has shared their opinions on Mary J. Blige’s new chicken wrap commercial for Burger King except the main person we want to hear from—Mary.
Well the Queen of Hip Hop Soul has definitely let it be known that she’s heard the criticism from her fans, and she says the commercial that’s been circulating on the Internet is not what she signed up for.
“I agreed to be a part of a fun and creative campaign that was supposed to feature a dream sequence. Unfortunately, that’s not what was happening in that clip,” she told TMZ.
“I understand my fans being upset by what they saw. But, if you’re a Mary fan, you have to know I would never allow an unfinished spot like the one you saw go out.”
At least Mary understands why her fans—and black folks in general—are mad. For a minute people thought she’d pimped herself out to the fast food devil. Her explanation also confirms what Burger King said in their statement on pulling the ad, which was that it had not yet received licensing and final approval. They wrote:
“We would like to apologize to Mary J. and all of her fans for airing an ad that was not final.”
Well, what do you think? Is Mary back on your good side?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? The Cast and Character of “Martin”
- I Just Want to Thanks Your Parents: Fathers And Mothers Of The Most Beautiful Brothers
- A Story Of Transition: How Growing My Natural Hair Out Helped Me Grow
- SMH: Scorned Lover Posts Nude Pics Of Ex Around Town After Breakup
- “Even After Slim-Down, Raven Symone Still Annoyed By Media’s Weight Obsession
- Here We Go Again: Crazy Video Claims Blue Ivy Isn’t A Real Baby
- Did Kerry Washington Deserve The Vanity Fair Cover?