Man, Meagan Good is just having all the success these days, right? First, we heard that she was pegged to star as the lead in a new NBC drama called, “Notorious.” Now homegirl is allegedly about to walk down the aisle. TMZ reports that the actress is engaged to a man named DeVon Franklin. This lucky guy is actually an exec at Sony Pictures Entertainment, and also likes to spend time as a Seventh-day Adventist preacher. Interesting, right? They started dating after she filmed Jumping the Broom, which Franklin helped produce. But don’t get it twisted, Meagan’s people say they’ve known each other for years.
We’re really excited for Meagan. It seems that taking a break from sex (a few months ago she told the world she was celibate), changing up the kinds of guys she gets involved with, and of course, talking to the man upstairs has worked out amazingly. This is what she said last fall:
“…the next guy I meet is my husband, and I already talked to God about that. I was like, ‘Check this out, Lord, I know what you want for me.’ And He really wants a man that has completely sold out for Christ for me, who can help me improve and be better than I am. So I know exactly what He wants for me and I don’t know if I have already found it. It’s quite possible that I may have, but I am so not in a rush for anything. I am in a rush to focus on Him right now.”
And it seems he heard her loud and clear. Congrats to the couple and big hugs for all the crushed men out there who have been drooling over this chick for years. Did you really think you had a chance though? But anyway, cheers for love!
More on Madame Noire!
- When Tweeting Goes Wrong: 6 Celebrity Scuffles & Screw Ups On Twitter
- Are You In Love With Being In Love? Reasons Why Being A Romantic Can Ruin You
- Star Wars: The Best Of Celebrity Feuds
- “Ask A Black Man” Episode 1: Life Of A Single Man (Extended Cut)
- Check Your Child: 8 Tips For Keeping Your Daughter Off The Pole
- Don’t Text Your Ex! Thing To Tell Yourself Before Picking Up The Phone
- Take It To The Floor: Maxi Dresses That Will Sweep You Into Spring
- Give & Take: Signs That You Are Too Much Of A Giver