Tamera Mowry Lands Role In Fox Pilot
Tamera Mowry said once the honey moon was over she wanted to jump right back into acting and it appears she’s doing just that. The “Sister Sister” and “Strong Medicine” veteran has landed a role on the Fox pilot “Rebounding.”
According to reports, the sitcom is about “a man recovering from the death of his fiancé with the help of the idiots on his pickup basketball team.” The show is supposed to be an uplifting comedy and Tamera will play the role of Vanessa, although it hasn’t been revealed how she fits into the overall cast yet. Will Forte will play Danny, the character who lost his fiancé, and Tamera has also mentioned acting alongside Malcolm Barrett.
We’ve yet to see Tamera star in a comedy which is odd for such a funny girl so this show could be perfect for her. I’m excited to see how it works out. Sidenote: Is it just me or does it seem like there are going to be a lot more brown faces on the major TV networks this Fall?
Are you happy to see Tamera act again?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Shequoiya, Cordozar And Other Amusing Middle Names Of Black CelebsII
- The Fashion Police’s Most Wanted: 6 Celebrities Whose Style Should Be A Crime
- Chaka Khan, Angela Bassett And Other Celebs Create ‘Super Life’ Video In Trayvon Martin’s Memory
- Tami Roman Suffers Mild Heart Attack
- Would You Let A Man Upgrade You?
- Allen Iverson Says No To Divorce Because He’s Still Getting It On With His Wife
- Introducing Caviar Nails-The Next Nail Trent You’ll Be Beading + How-To Video
- Style To Steal or Girl, Stop: June Ambrose, La La Anthony & Adrienne Bailon”