Does Premarital Cohabitation Predict Divorce?
Is moving in together before marriage a good idea?
The Centers for Disease Control just released a study that examines data from first marriages for men and women ages 15 to 44. The data was collected from 2006 to 2010 by the National Survey of Family Growth with 22,682 respondents. The Associated Press promptly released a story with the headline, “Move In Before Marriage No Longer Predicts Divorce.” But, that’s not exactly what the study shows.
Instead, the study underlined what previous studies have also shown. The study proved that moving in together before marriage might or it might not predict divorce. The differentiating factor is whether or not you moved in with an expectation of a long-term commitment similar to marriage.
For the full story, visit Yourtango.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- You Can Call Me Crazy: 7 Women Who Acted A Fool On-Screen…And We Loved It
- 7 Things That Should Signal The End of A Relationship
- “Ask A Black Man” Episode 1: Life Of A Single Black Man (Extended Cut)
- He’s No Good For You: How To Stay Away
- Dawn Richards Keeps It Real About Splitting From Bad Boy, Danity Kane And Cheating Boyfriends
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: Stolen Kidneys & Treating Your Man
- Be Kareful With Your Kotex! Mold Found On Kotex
- Looking Out: Tyler Perry Gives Bobbi Kristinia A Job