Neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman has completely disappeared in wake of the outrage over him shooting and killing Trayvon Martin, but if there’s anyone who might be able to get him to talk, it’s Oprah.
Oprah is known for landing exclusive interviews, the most recent of which was her talk with Bobbi Kristina, and the media mogul let it be known that she’d love to have a little chat with George Zimmerman. Tonight, Extra will air the first of a two-part interview with Oprah, talking about canceling the Rosie O’Donnell show and her interview with Bobbi, but she’ll also share her thoughts on the Trayvon Martin case. Here’s a bit of what she has to say:
“It is a tragedy and it is a shame that we’re sitting here 33 days later and there hasn’t been an arrest, or questioning of what actually happened. It’s a tragedy and it is a shame and we all know it.
“I saw some people on Twitter saying nothing has changed, the same thing’s going on. Lots has changed and you know why? Because black people, white people, brown, yellow people all over this country and all over the world are saying the same thing… it’s a tragedy and it’s a shame and justice needs to be served.”
When AJ asked who’s at the top of her interview list, she said, “Mr. Zimmerman, I would love to talk to him.”
I’m almost certain George’s lawyers would absolutely not advise him to talk to Oprah, but if she somehow managed to land this, OWN’s ratings would definitely shoot through the roof.
People always joke that Oprah can do anything, do you think she’ll have a chance to interview George Zimmerman?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? The Cast Of “227”
- He Wrote That? The Surprising Songwriters Behind Some Of Our Favorite Songs
- 7 Ways Your Relationship Should Get Better Over The Years
- Nice & Slow: R&B Singers Who’ Are A Little Soft
- Make It Last Forever: 6 Ways To Improve Your Marriage
- New MN Series: “Ask A Black Man” Episode 1: The Life Of A Single Black Man
- LaLa Addresses Confrontation With Melo’s Assistant And Open Marriage Rumors
- Backlash To Awkward Black Girl’s Shorty Award Win Is Awkward