Shequoiya, Cordozar and Other Amusing Middle Names of Black Celebs
As much as folks like to make fun of “Black” names, we here at MadameNoire can appreciate a mother’s creative approach to naming her seeds. How else can you define your offspring from the pack? In any case, this slideshow is not about the most creative first names, but the most surprising middle names of celebrities. For example, who would’ve thunk that Martin Lawrence would have such a haughty-sounding French-British name? And Ashanti…let’s just say her mom chose right when she picked a historical African tribe to name her daughter after rather than using the name she selected as her middle name. Check out other celebs with interesting and surprising middle names.
Martin Fitzgerald Lawrence
Fitzgerald just doesn’t match his image, does it?
Ciara Princess Harris
She was the princess of the house considering she was the only child.
Robert Barisford “Bobby” Brown
We’re sure the kids on the playground of his Roxbury neighborhood loved to pick on this middle name.
Kelendria Trene “Kelly” Rowland
Now Kelly’s first name of Kelendria is actually more interesting.
Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr.
We can imagine Calvin but Cordozar? Snoop’s first and middle name actually comes from his stepfather, who he was named after.
Ashanti Shequoiya Douglas
The name Ashanti screams worldly. Shequoiya…not so much.
Inga DeCarlo Fung Marchand
Foxy Brown’s whole name is just fascinating, isn’t it? Somehow, we would’ve imagined a Russian Italian heiress married to an Asian man to be behind this name. But it’s just the Ill-Na-Na.
Malik Thuston Cox aka Memphis Bleek
Thuston, not Thurston…but even so.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: I’m A Girlfriend To A Man In An Open Marriage…Part II
- Don’t Get It Twisted: 7 Big Misconceptions About Virgins
- Keep Rising To The Top: Supporting Actresses Who Became Leading Ladies
- 7 Ridiculous Celebrity Rumors People Actually Believe
- Missing Detroit Women Found Buried In Shallow Grave
- Love Without A Limit: Why Women Stay In Bad Relationships
- IRS Taking Every Penny From Nas Album Sales Until His Debt Is Paid
- Vogue Italia’s Haute Mess And The High Theft Of Black Culture”