Infidelity — sexual, emotional, or, heaven forbid, both — can really tear a relationship apart. After all, once your partner commits the ultimate betrayal, how can you ever trust him/her again?
In this video, licensed psychotherapist, author and YourTango Expert Dr. Tammy Nelson addresses this very issue. The trick, she says, is learning to trust your own instincts about whether or not someone is telling you the truth. “A betrayal can throw off your whole sense of what’s right or wrong in the world,” Dr. Tammy explains. Therefore, you’ll need to focus on trusting yourself if you ever want to trust your partner — or anyone else — again.
See what this expert had to say at YourTango.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Living Single”
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: Herpes Bingo & False Hope
- I’m a BIG Kid Now: 8 Signs You’ve Finally Grown Up…
- The Black Snob Sounds Off: The 7 Kinds of Men Who Make Life Miserable For Everyone
- She’s a Bad Mama Jama: Our Celebrity Girl Crushes
- Skincare Q&A: Uneven Skin Tone, Shrinking Pores and Blackheads
- Stepmom or Stepmonster? Marrying a Man With Kids
- He Had That Masculine Thing DOWN: 8 Mannish R&B Singers