Well, some of us got our wish. Just yesterday we were wondering why President Barack Obama hadn’t made a statement about the murder of Trayvon Martin. While some argued that this was a matter the president shouldn’t speak on, others cited the fact that he reached out to Sandra Fluke after Rush Limbaugh called her “sl*t.” Up until yesterday the White House had remained silent.
But just this morning the President hosted a press conference in which he cautiously and thoughtfully addressed the ongoing case.
The president said, “I think all of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how does something like this happen.”
But he said his main message was for Trayvon’s parents.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Living Single”
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: Herpes Bingo & False Hope
- I’m a BIG Kid Now: 8 Signs You’ve Finally Grown Up…
- The Black Snob Sounds Off: The 7 Kinds of Men Who Make Life Miserable For Everyone
- She’s a Bad Mama Jama: Our Celebrity Girl Crushes
- Skincare Q&A: Uneven Skin Tone, Shrinking Pores and Blackheads
- Stepmom or Stepmonster? Marrying a Man With Kids
- He Had That Masculine Thing DOWN: 8 Mannish R&B Singers